- Housing. It is the field in which an immediate need expresses itself. AMA looks for accommodation to rent that can welcome migrants.
- Accompaniment. It is done all the way so that the administrative and economic situation gets stable. Its objective is to face the unavoidable obstacles faced.
- Integration. The final aim is to allow migrants to find their place in the French society. To achieve that, we organise events or meetings to enable migrants to exchange
AMA is a non-profit organisation under the 1901 law led by volunteers.
Every month, a board meeting gathers around twelve people
There are several means to support the charity:
- buying membership is a way to express one’s commitment to the cause defended by AMA. It allows the charity to rely on this financial pool and contributes to the recognition of its action. The more we will be, the more we will be able to be heard. The membership only costs 10€. A support membership is possible.
- donorsoccasional or steady allow the charity to lead its project. There is no small donation, everyone does according to their possibilities..
- volunteers and/or supportersThe charity relies on a network of members, donors, volunteers and supporters of 180 people.
AMA thinks that we must also act in concertation with other charities, punctually or in the long term.
To accompany our migrant friends, AMA relies on local charities that contribute to mastering the French language, for example.
AMA is a member of the Solidarity Collective North Loop 92 (Collectif Solidaire Boucle Nord 92).
AMA was born from the conjunction of two wills:
- that of parishioners of Asnières willing to answer the call of pope Francis, in autumn 2015, asking each community to welcome migrants from Syria; this call having been passed on by the bishop of Nanterre, Michel Aupetit.
- that of several people willing to answer the proposition of the Refugee Help Committee (Comité d’Aide aux Réfugiés, CAAR) to take the goods remaining after its liquidation. This charity in Bois-Colombes had been created, in similar conditions, to welcome victims of the Boat People tragedy. It was placed in judiciary liquidation because of serious difficulties. The CAAR wanted to give its goods to a charity with a spirit and a project compatible with its own.
During the year 2016, discussions and meetings allowed all to specify their common purpose: welcome and help migrants that find themselves in difficulties and facilitate their integration in France, through actions aiming at:
- answer their immediate needs, especially regarding housing,
- accompany them in their project of integration to the French society,
- propose them an experience of fraternity and moments of conviviality.
Already before the administrative creation of AMA in the beginning of the year 2017, it has been possible to house a Syrian couple and to accompany them concretely in their social and professional insertion project in France. In July 2017, AMA found a new housing solution for two Iraqi brothers, and in 2018, another Syrian family was welcomed, a landlord having trusted us by leasing us a flat.
The members of AMA are currently looking for material and financial means to spread their action to other migrants.